Mental illness is a disorder or disease which affects a person’s mind/mood and alters the way he thinks, behaves or interacts with others. The symptoms might be severe or mild, depending on the type of disorder a person suffers from. Some examples are Alzheimer’s, Schizophrenia, anxiety disorder, depression, bipolar disorder, addiction-related disorders and others. A person with these disorders is usually not able to cope up with easy things in life. There are different factors responsible for mental disorders:
- Biology related reasons – Neurotransmitters are chemicals that help the nerve cells in the brain to communicate with each other. If these are not balanced, then messages may not reach the brain in intended condition. This can cause mental disorder. Other biological factors include injury to some specific part of the brain, defects or inflammation.
- Genetics related reasons – Genes play an important role in transmitting diseases. If father or mother suffers from mental disorder, then the child becomes more susceptible to developing these in the near future. It is not just this but other psychological and environmental factors also play a role. But heredity may make one more vulnerable.
- Psychological Trauma and Environmental Stress related reasons – Some disorders are triggered by psychological trauma like abuse, violence, rape, loss of a loved one and loneliness. Environmental stress can also trigger disorder, e.g. divorce, changing job/ city, poor family life, non-supportive people around and others. Please note that these factors either make a person ill or may increase the risk of developing the illness in the near future.
Symptoms of mentally ill people
Symptoms may differ based on the person and on the severity of the disorder. However, there are a few common and complex symptoms usually seen. These include feeling sad for a long time, withdrawing from social life, extreme changes in the mood, unnaturally violent behavior, changes in the sex drive, feeling of guilt, low energy, sleep disorder, suicidal thoughts, eating disorder, paranoia, hallucinations, detachment from reality, excessive anger or fear, confused thinking and crying. If someone shows a mix of any of these symptoms over a long period, then it’s time to take proper action.
Treatment for mental disorders
Mentally ill people need a friend. Someone who can counsel them, help them, understand them. A parent, spouse, close friends, a relative or a doctor can provide the best treatment by talking to the patient. There are few other techniques that help cure this disorder, if not totally eradicate it. These include psychotherapy, medications, cognitive behavioral therapy, Vagus Nerve Stimulation (VNS), Hypnotherapy, Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT), Music or Art Therapy, Massage or Biofeedback Therapy, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) and others. However, the best approach is not leaving the person alone and talking to him. A lot of research still continues in this area. Combining two or three thaerapies might be very effective in treating a mentally ill person.
It is important for the society to change the view it has for mentally ill people. Don’t leave them alone. They are not someone one has to laugh at. They need our help. Severe cases may not be cured totally but most of the other cases can be cured. These people can then control the symptoms and lead a normal life. Remember, mental illness can get worse, but can be controlled if treated on time.
WHY IT IS NEED OF HOME HEALTH CARE?
To search out incapacitated individual, a restricted individual is in essential of home based wellbeing upkeep help, you should pursue the advice of doctor. Be certain to bargain out the persistent you are bearing in mind needs specialized household strength maintenance or home-based upkeep facility.
Specialized home-based wellbeing upkeep services philanthropists comprise the medicinal feature such as nurtures, psychotherapist, home wellbeing care supporters, and other approved and expert medicinal carefulness supporters. They are current to direct expert maintenance to the easygoing.
Home based care facilities are delivered to those who essential help with errands such as home washing, in a row shopping, gastronomic, and impartial existence about to contribution if the enduring desires other duty such as these done.
Social workers as in home health care
Communal employee also performs a portion of in home based wellbeing upkeep. They can deliver therapy for sensitive and communal glitches that the persistent may be facing. They will through those who necessity it to public properties which are obtainable to them. They have many other amenities to proposal as healthy.
Friends are alternative portion of the care generous group.
They are the single who deliver friendship to persons who can not break by themselves. If incapacitated people break by their own having a friend there is to promotion them can assistance if an alternative situation have to arise. To be secure that you have the excessive superiority family wellbeing overhaul for your restricted domestic associates say with supplementary who are taking or have consumed the similar knowledge as you are profitable done.
The sacroiliac joint connects the spine to the hip. Also known as the SI joint, this joint,
absorbs shock from movements and has limited movement. Injuries to the SI join, like those
caused by a fall, can lead to long-term lower back pain. Here are some guidelines to help reduce
- Sleep on your uninjured side and add an extra layer of foam to your bed to make sleeping
more comfortable. Place a pillow underneath your knees and down to the ankles to slightly raise
the uninjured part and keep it in line with your spine to lessen the pain.
- Taking analgesics and anti-inflammatory medications like naproxen (Aleve) and ibuprofen
(Advil) can help reduce the pain and swelling to give you more mobility. These medications are
sold and can be bought over-the-counter from Canadian pharmacies online or from local US drug stores.
- Use gel-filled pads for heat and cold therapy. Purchase two pads – one to be heated when
needed, the other to be chilled in the freezer. When you experience severe pain, apply an ice
pack on the injured area to reduce swelling. A heat pack can be used to relax the injured
muscles and can be helpful at bedtime. Make it a habit to lie down at mid-day and apply either
hot or cold pack for at least 30 minutes.
- See a physical therapist to learn what workouts can be recommended to help tone your
back and abdominal muscles, as well as develop strength. You can also browse on line for
websites with back exercises focused on low back pain. Discontinue the exercise if you feel
- The sacroiliac belt can be worn beneath or over your clothes. Use this belt when you
need to do household chores to prevent putting unneeded pressure on the joint.
- When you ride a car, use a seat padding to protect you from painful injury if the car
hits a bump or makes a sudden turn.
Medication is the substance that should be placed into the body that performs well for any one of the below things:
1. Most of the medications are utilized for the purpose of curing condition or for a disease. For instance, antibiotics are useful for curing any kind of infection.
2. It is used for treating any type of medical situations. For instance, for treating depression these are useful.
3. It is also given for the sake of relieving symptoms of any kind of illness. For instance, for the purpose of reducing pain, pain killers are given.
4. For preventing diseases vaccinations are important. For instance, flu vaccine is given for those who are suffering with flu. This vaccine is necessary for those persons to prevent from any kind of complications.
How does a medication work?
It goes into the human body in various ways. This enters through a way in the body that is known as ‘route.’ The common ‘route’ for the purpose of medications is given orally into the mouth by way of tablets, liquids or capsules. In case if the patient is not able to consume medications in the given above method or in case if this is unavailable in the form of oral, this can go into the human body through other routes.
Effects of medication
Few medications like ointments, skin creams, eye drops are directly applied to the affected area that requires treatment. This type of applications is tend to seek localized effect and unusually enters the bloodstream in considerable quantities. For instance, if there are skin scratches then antibiotic ointment is required to apply, where the effect of medications are required.
Few medications are given such as subcutaneous injections or liquids or pills orally, transdermal patches or rectal suppositories end up into the bloodstream as well as act on the specific system or organ within the human body. This type of medication is said to have systemic effect. For instance, anti-depressant medicines are consumed orally. It will circulate by way of bloodstream and increase some of the chemicals in the human brain.
How a medication affects you?
1. Desired effect – This effect is also known as therapeutic effect. The meaning of this is what it wants to perform it will do.
2. Side effect – All the medicines have systemic effect which causes side effects. Few medicines have localized effect that also causes side effects. For some patients, the normal dose of medicines also causes some symptoms. These symptoms are side effects. These effects are not dangerous. For instance, medicines for blood pressure is given for any person, it may tiresome. Some medicines will cause some side effects like headache or upset in the stomach or dry mouth. Anti-psychotic medicines encompass severe reactions of extra pyramidal as well as tradivedyskinesia. This symptoms of mimic disease of Parkinson’s that leads to brain damage.
3. Dependence and tolerance – When a person needs medicines for psychological or for physical, it is dependence. For instance, when a patient takes laxatives for longer period, it become dependent physically on laxatives and for the proper functioning of bowel movement, laxatives are needed essentially. A person may get increase in the chance of dependence of psychological problem develop with using of anti-anxiety treatment. In this situation they will not work without using medications regularly. Tolerance of medications can occur because of over using of drug or high dosage. The person response to drug is reduced.
4. Interactions happen in between drug or between food and drug.
Often, the individuals face problem of Medial and Lateral Meniscus injuries. In regarding of the Medial and Lateral Meniscus, they are in crescent shaped bands of specific rubbery cartilage which become attach with the shinbone. The Medial and Lateral Meniscus, they work as shock absorbers as well as they stabilize the knee. In presence of Medial meniscus, it presents in inner side of knee joint and the lateral meniscus present on outside of the knee. Generally, the Meniscus injuries become different in size and severity. The Meniscus injuries occur when a meniscus split in half and when a Meniscus rip around its circumference in a specific shape of C.
The symptoms of Meniscus injures are specially found in sports individuals as the meniscus tears happen suddenly. Whenever, the Meniscus injuries take place, severe pain & swelling could occur up to 24 hours, afterward. As well as, in the Meniscus injuries walking becomes so difficult. In addition, the individuals also feel pain when they flex or twist their knee. In the Meniscus injuries, the individuals become unable to extend their leg comfortably, get pain, swelling, tightness and stiffness in their knee.
The risk factor of Meniscus injury is suddenly twisted when the foot plant upon the ground. The medial and Lateral Meniscus injures can be treated easily by taking aid from the Doctor. To cure the Meniscus injures, there are three treatments available Arthroscopic repair, Arthroscopic partial meniscectomy surgery and Arthroscopic total meniscectomy surgery.